OUR MUSIC PUBLISHERS
Because we integrated all important and leading music publishers in one download catalog, we may call ourself world's largest download shop of music instruction- and live concert videos. All videos free to preview through a large video sample. Yes, you are reading this correctly. FOR FREE! No hidden costs or obligations to buy.
And the assortiment just keeps growing. Besides the fact that your downloaded videos are updated if necessary, every day new titles are added to our catalog. So, check back often to see what's new and let us surprise you with new titles and/or new publishers everytime you visit our download site.
A small selection of our music publishers
- Homespun Music Instruction
- Musician"s Workshop
- Melbay Publications
- Adam Rafferty
- AcuTAB Bluegrass
- The Rock House Method / House of Blues
- Hudson Music Drummer Education
- Ross Nickerson (The Banjo Teacher)
- The Murphy Method
- Learn Roots Music
- Alfred Music Publishing
- HyperHip Media (Jazz Manouche/Gypsy)
- Flatpicking Guitar Magazine
- Guitar World
- Live To Jam
- Play With A Pro
- SMP Video
- Watch & Learn
- Woodhall Music
- Vestapol Videos (historical blues, jazz, bluegrass and more)
- Stefan Grossman's Guitar Workshop
- Drum Channel
- And many, many more
Homespun Music Instruction
Homespun Music Instruction have become known throughout the world for the high level of their production as well as for the superior quality of their instruction. All the instructors are top performing artists, experts in their field who enthusiastically share their years of experience with learning players. They are devoted to teaching you how to make music on a wide variety of musical instruments, and have fun doing it!
The lessons are informal, easy to use, and fun -- the closest you will find to having a world-class musician teaching you personally in your living room. Each artist takes his or her music apart and shows you, in close-up detail, the techniques and musical ideas that have made them so successful.
Basic Techniques of the Classical Mandolin sample
AcuTab offers a growing library of instructional bluegrass videos with and for bluegrass pickers en fiddlers. My Music Lessons Online delivers the compleet AcuTab library of bluegrass instructional video downloads to you - quickly, safely and inexpensively - including the accompanying music/TAB booklets.
AcuTab Artists: Jim Mills, Ron Block, Sierra Hull, Barry Bales, Steve Huber, Terry Baucom, John Lawless, Adam Steffey, Kenny Smith, Ron Stewart, Jim Van Cleve, Marty Lanham, Sammy Shelor, Herschel Sizemore, Bill Evans, Alan Bibey, Megan Lynch, F.M. Turner en Wayne Benson.
Vestapol (Historical) Videos
Today Vestapol is a music publishing company with over 110 DVDs and videos published as of 2004. It has been releasing videos since the 1960s, mainly featuring jazz, blues, country and folk music. Artists who have recorded on Vestapol video include Merle Travis, Joe Pass, Pat Kirtley, Norman Blake, Preston Reed, and Raymond Fairchild. The name Vestapol refers to an open D Major tuning for the guitar, common in finger-style guitar in country and folk music.
Stefan Grossman also began to acquire concert footage of the old blues and country artists who had been rediscovered in the 1960s and had often made TV appearances; this was the basis of Vestapol Videos, which edited and reissued this footage. It was a breakthrough for younger guitarists to be able to watch Big Bill Broonzy, Lightnin' Hopkins, Reverend Gary Davis and many others long after these players had died. Vestapol rapidly expanded to include concert footage from living artists too.
The great country blues singer and guitarist Big Bill Broonzy performs "Worried Man Blues," "Hey, Hey" and "How You Want It Done." From the DVD "A Musical Journey: The Films of Pete, Toshi and Dan Seeger."
Melbay Publications has been a driving force in music education and instruction since 1947. They offer methods, solos, study material, sheet music, and music books for guitar and other instruments such as banjo, mandolin, dulcimer, fiddle and many more. My Music Lessons Online offers all of their instructional videos including all styles and instruments covering most musical styles from classical to jazz to celtic to bluegrass to blues and many, many more.
The Rock House Method / House of Blues
The Rock House Method is one of the most unique and innovative musical instruction system in the world. Millions of people around the world are using Rock House products to learn how to play music. The Rock House Method is a fully supported learning system that will be there for you 24/7 to help you achieve your musical goals. Not only is learning with Rock House extremely convenient but it does save on packaging and you still receive all the features you would expect from a Rock House DVD, on-line member support, the ability to access corollary lessons on subjects covered, backing tracks, an on-line metronome and tuner, courses and even classroom training.
The Rock House Artists: Alex Bach, Chris McCarvill, Albert Margolis, Rob Balducci, Kiko Loureiro, David Ellefson, Scott Healy, Breck Alan, Bernie Worrell, Bobby Thompson, Ravi Bhadriraju, Rusty Cooley, Gary Hoey, Alex Skolnick, Freekbass, Jim Rutkowski, Oli Herbert, Marc Rizzo, Rob Arnold, Dan Jacobs, Michea Paget, Gus G., Will Adler, Vernon Reid, John McCarthy, Leo Nocentelli, Doug Wimbish, Alexi Laiho, Kevin McCreery.
Hudson Music Drummer Education
Hudson Music, founded in 1998, specializes in capturing the creative process behind the playing of musicians who will have a lasting impact on music, so that we can help provide musicians, both aspiring and professional, with inspiration as well as information. Hudson Music provides superb quality video products for music instruction and entertainment. Their catalog is specialy dedicated to drummers and includes, besides a large assortment of educational material, also a very wide range performance videos.
Hudson Artists: Adam Nussbaum, Benny Greb, Bob Breithaupt, Buddy Rich, Chris Coleman, David Garibaldi, Derek Roddy, Gregg Bissonette, Jason Bittner, Jeff Queen, Jeff Salem, Jimmy Branly, John Blackwell, Mike Portnoy, Pat Petrillo, Pete Lockett, Peter Erskine, Steve Gadd, Steve Smith, Thomas Lang, Tommy Igoe, Vera Figueiredo, Victor Wooten, Vinnie Colaiuta.
Alfred Music Publishing
Alfred Music Publishing is the world's largest educational music publisher. Alfred produces educational, reference, pop, and performance materials for teachers, students, professionals, and hobbyists spanning every musical instrument, style, and difficulty level. Alfred's home office is located in Los Angeles with domestic offices in Miami and New York as well as offices around the world, including Australia, Germany, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.
The Murphy Method
The Murphy Method is a way of teaching bluegrass music BY EAR. They use no tablature in their teaching because they believe tablature is a crutch that interferes with learning to play bluegrass. They explain each song note by note, so that it is easy and quick to learn. As you learn these tunes, you are also developing your ear, so that learning actually gets easier as you go along!
The Murphy Method instruments: banjo, guitar, mandolin, fiddle, bass, dobro, ukulele, jamming.
The Murphy Method Artists:
- Murphy Henry: banjo, guitar, mandolin, en fiddle
- Lynn Morris (Lynn Morris Band): clawhammer banjo
- Marshall Wilborn: bass
- Jim Wood: fiddle
- David McLaughlin (The Johnson Mountain Boys): mandolin
- Mark Panfil: dobro
- Casey Henry: banjo
- Christopher Henry: Bill Monroe style mandolin
Five-string banjo master Ross Nickerson has been playing professionally since the age of 17. Ross is signed with major bluegrass label, Pinecastle Records and released The Banjo Encyclopedia, Bluegrass Banjo from A to Z, another Mel Bay Publication. Ross has been a member of some very successful bands, including the distinction of being two time winners of the Telluride Band Contest, being selected for contracts at Tokyo Disneyland and Opryland in Nashville, two time winners at the Four Corners Bluegrass Festival Band Contest, and winners of Newspaper Readers Poll Best Band contests three times.
Ross has been performing and teaching for many years both nationally and internationally, most recently Canada, England, Ireland, The Netherlands, Germany, and Sweden. Ross has appeared with the New Grass Revival, Hot Rize, Riders in the Sky, Del McCoury Band, The Oak Ridge Boys, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and many other noted artists. Ross has also picked and appeared with some of the best banjo players in the world including Earl Scruggs, Bela Fleck, Bill Keith, Tony Trischka, Alan Munde, Doug Dillard, Pete Seeger and Ralph Stanley.
HyperHip Media Inc. is a multimedia publisher of instructional books and DVDs in the field of Manouche/Gypsy Jazz. Their goal is to provide in-depth instruction utilizing the best authors and artists in this music style.
Gypsy jazz (also known as Jazz Manouche, gypsy swing or hot club jazz) is a style of jazz music often said to have been started by guitarist Jean "Django" Reinhardt in the 1930s. Because its origins are largely in France it is often called by the French name, "jazz manouche", or alternatively, "manouche jazz", even in English language sources. Django was foremost among a group of Gypsy guitarists working in and around Paris in the 1930s through the 1950s, a group which also included the brothers Baro, Sarane, and Matelo Ferret and Reinhardt's brother Joseph "Nin-Nin" Reinhardt.
Many of the musicians in this style worked in Paris in various popular Musette ensembles. The Musette style waltz remains an important component in the Gypsy jazz repertoire. Reinhardt was noted for combining a dark, chromatic Gypsy flavor with the swing articulation of the period. This combination is critical to this style of jazz. In addition to this, his approach continues to form the basis for contemporary Gypsy jazz guitar. Reinhardt's most famous group, the Quintette du Hot Club de France, also brought fame to jazz violinist Stephane Grappelli.
HyperHip Artists: Stochelo Rosenberg, Denis Chang, Tim Kliphuis.
Excerpts from the DVD Gypsy Waltzes featuring Stochelo Rosenberg and Denis Chang
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine
Flatpicking Guitar Magazine is a bi-monthly periodical, and companion audio CD, dedicated to presenting all aspects of the art of flatpicking the acoustic guitar, as pioneered by such great guitarists as Doc Watson, Clarence White, Norman Blake, Tony Rice, and Dan Crary. Our goal is to help you increase your own skill level and enjoyment of this fine art as it pertains to the musical genres of bluegrass, old-time, folk, Celtic, Western swing, gypsy jazz, new acoustic music, and acoustic rock.
To that end, the magazine primarily focuses on guitar instruction. We also feature articles on rhythm guitar playing, guitar building and maintenance, and we also review flatpicking CDs and instructional books and videos.
Featured topics include such concepts and techniques as:
- Flatpicking fiddle tunes
- Designing and playing lead breaks to vocals
- Back-up and rhythm playing
- Playing "up the neck" breaks
- Hot licks
- Building solos
- Flatpicking slow songs
- Flatpicking songs outside of the traditional bluegrass realm:
(western swing, cajun, celtic, folk, acoustic rock, etc.)
- Performance tips
- Efficient and effective methods of practice
- Dual guitar breaks
- Intros and endings
- Guitar building, set-up, and maintenance
And a column for beginners which includes:
- Basic ideas on chords
- Simple rhythm
- Picking out the melody of a song
- And more...
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month. The magazine is published 13 times per year (12 monthly issues and a holiday issue). Formerly owned by Harris Publications, Future US bought the magazine in 2003. In 2012, NewBay Media bought the Music division of Future US.
The magazine debuted in July 1980, with Johnny Winter appearing on the cover. In its 31 year history, Guitar World has had interviews with many notable guitarists in rock, including Keith Richards, Alex Lifeson, Ritchie Blackmore, Jeff Beck, Brian May, Arthur Rhames, Al Di Meola, John Frusciante, Steve Morse, Robert Ward, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, Eric Clapton, Synyster Gates, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Slash, Neal Schon, Tony Iommi, Steve Howe, Angus Young, Zakk Wylde, Allan Holdsworth and Eddie Van Halen, who has been featured on the cover 16 times, and twice on subsidiary magazine Guitar Legends.
Live To Jam
Formed in June 2004 by musicians Patrick McCormick and Tony Williams launched their first instructional DVD series titled "Icons of Rock". The series which currently has 19 instructional titles available that feature multi-platinum recording artists Bruce Kulick,Greg Douglass, Pete Sears, Eric Singer and Tony Saunders who have performed and recorded with artists including KISS, Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart, Elton John, Steve Miller, Jefferson Starship and many others.
Live To Jam is proud to offer music enthusiasts the opportunity to have Hard Rock Heavyweights such as Bruce Kulick of KISS Eddie Ojeda of Twisted Sister and Rudy Sarzo of Whitesnake show in great detail how to play many of their classic rock anthems!
The Icons of Rock Series has received critical acclaim from retailers around the world for offering a product that fully capitalizes on the inherent benefits of the DVD medium. Easy to navigate menus, numerous chapter marks, on screen reference libraries and exclusive access to online downloads are some of the reasons why Live To Jam has been a successful addition to the instructional DVD industry.
"All these outstanding instructional videos are well-thought out, clearly presented and highly recommended for self-study" - Midwest Book Review
Play With A Pro
Play with a Pro is primarily a movie library, containing a continuously-growing number of high quality movies, in which the great teachers and musicians of our time share their knowledge and passion for classical music. These movies portray the artists and go behind the scene to unfold the thoughts and insights they have put into their own music making. By making this movie library it is their goal to reach a broad number of people and give them an opportunity to access inspiration, knowledge and education, irrespective of age, level, whether you are a student or teacher, and mostly important- irrespective of your geographical location.
Play with a Pro consists of musicians and people who all share an enormous love for classical music, from the camera crew and the sound engineers, to the web designers and programmers involved in building this project.
Play with a Pro was born after Adam toured big parts of Brazil, playing with Brazil's National Symphony Orchestra. During this time, he made contacts with many extraordinarily talented young musicians, who all wished to educate themselves further and learn more about classical music, but basically had neither the economic means nor opportunities to do so. Adam Simonsen is a clarinetist playing in The Royal Danish Orchestra, educated from the Juilliard School of Music, and founder of Play with a Pro. By making this project, Play with a Pro hopes to be able to bring some of all the wonderfull knowledge and inspiration about classical music to a much broader audience and to inspire YOU wherever you are!
Sharing the passion for music.
Watch Emmanuel Pahud teach one of the great concertos for flute, The Nielsen Concerto at Domaine Forget
Specialty Music Productions (SMP Videos)
Mike Taylor has spent a lifetime developing and perfecting his teaching skills so that he can guide you in your quest to play your favorite music instrument. Below are some of the reasons why learning to play from his videos is both easy and fun.
- Phrase by phrase song demos repeated slowly so you can see exactly how to play them
- Split screen close-up views from carefully planned camera angles
- On screen illustrations with colorful highlighting make music concepts easy to understand
- Fast song demo with accompaniment so you'll know how the tune should sound
- Slower demo version provided so you can perfect your timing by playing along
- Exact note for note transcriptions of all tunes in music or tablature is included
Watch & Learn
Watch & Learn has been producing instructional music products for over 20 years. They are the industry leader in instruction material designed specifically for the beginning musician. They have books, DVDs, CDs and downloads for guitar, bass, drums, mandolin, banjo, keyboards and violin.
- Bert Casey has been a professional performer and teacher in the Atlanta area for over 20 years. Bert plays several instruments (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass, mandolin, banjo, and flute) and has written 6 books (Acoustic Guitar Primer, Electric Guitar Primer, Bass Guitar Primer, Mandolin Primer, Bluegrass Fakebook, and Flatpicking Guitar Songs) and has made four videos (Introduction to Acoustic Guitar, Introduction to Electric Guitar, Introduction to Bass Guitar, and Introduction to Mandolin Video). He is a professional instructor at ABC Music, which he owns, and also records extensively in his studio, where he has done the sound track to several movies. He performed several years with Home Remedy and is currently performing in the Atlanta area with his band Blue Moon.
- Geoff Hohwald has played and taught the banjo for more than forty years. He originally studied with the likes of John Hickman and Robbie Robinson and later came under the influence of other legendary performers such as Earl Scruggs, Bill Keith, J.D. Crowe and Sonny Osborne. Geoff wrote his first instructional books in 1979 and since then he and Bert Casey have sold over 1 million books, videos, and DVD's worldwide. Geoff has written several books (Banjo Primer & Banjo Songs). He also did the Introduction to Banjo Video. Check out the Free Banjo Lessons Online with Geoff.
Train 45 on bluegrass banjo by Geoff Hohwald
- Tim Wimer began drumming during the late 1970's in his school band program. Since then, he has played in rock, pop, country, jazz, blues, and orchestral bands, including the 82nd Airborne Division Band where he served as a paratrooper and musician. Tim has written several instructional courses including Introduction to Drums Video , Drum Primer Book, Drum Styles Book, and Guide to Snare Drum Rudiments Video. He currently lives in Roanoke, Virginia, where he teaches privately and works with school band programs.
- Jim Tolles has been playing & teaching fiddle for over 20 years. He is an accomplished performer, having appeared with Goose Creek Symphony, Breakfast Special, touring Broadway shows, and numerous country and bluegrass bands native to his Atlanta, Georgia home. He has recorded with various artists on the Capitol, Atteiram, and Rounder labels and has written songs on those labels as well as Flying Fish. Jim's fiddling has been featured on national radio and TV commercials. Jim has written the Fiddle Primer book, Violin Primer book, and the Introduction to Violin Video.
- Lee Davis is an Atlanta session musician and performer with over 20 years of experience playing and teaching keyboards. Lee performs nightly with some of the top acts in the South. He also does extensive recording work with MLD Productions and Maysville Music, and has recorded 2 solo CDs, as well as the Introduction to Keyboards Video and the Keyboard Primer book.
- Tom Wolf is an Atlanta session musician and Grammy Award nominee. He has over 25 years of experience playing harmonica and has spent many years teaching. Tom also performs nightly all around the southeast. He has recorded 3 CDs as well as the Introduction to Harmonica Video and the Harmonica Primer book.
- David Ellis is a multi-instrumentalist from Atlanta, GA. He plays resophonic guitar (Dobro), banjo, guitar, fiddle, and mandolin. David has been playing professionally and teaching for 29 years. He currently plays Dobro in bluegrass groups Cedar Hill and Pony Express and with the acoustic country rock trio 3 Way Street.
Woodhall Music is a producer of music lessons on DVD. Our mandate is to offer expert instruction, drawing from top international roots artists and teachers, with the goal of bringing these artists into your home for exciting, "hands-on" lessons
The Woodhall teachers:
- Brooks Williams is a master of groove. With bluesy fingerpicking, flying left hand, and swinging flatpicking, his playing is as fresh and original as any music you are likely to hear. His virtuosity inspired Dirty Linen magazine to call Brooks one of "America's musical treasures". Brooks is also a much sought after guitar teacher who performs and teaches around the globe.
- John Showman is a master of old-time and bluegrass fiddle playing, and a highly regarded and sought after session player, band leader and teacher. He is a member of the award winning bands, the new acoustic Creaking Tree String Quartet and the bluegrass unit The Foggy Hogtown Boys. He is also the founder and leader of the hot alt country group New Country Rehab. John was the 2011 winner of the prestigious Clifftop Appalachian Music Festival Fiddle Contest.
- Chris Coole At age seventeen, Chris Coole discovered the banjo - and today is one of the finest exponents of the clawhammer style on the North American music scene. He tours and teaches widely and to-date has released many fine albums of traditional tunes with collaborators Arnie Naiman (banjo) and Erynn Marshall (fiddle). Apart from his own recordings, he is the sideman of choice on albums by many of Canada's most respected musicians, which include Sylvia Tyson, Jim Cuddy (Blue Rodeo) and Jenny Whiteley.
- Jayme Stone is a rarity! A masterful banjoist, educator and a true musician's musician. He has been a devoted student of music in all its forms, studying with the likes of banjo elders Bela Fleck, Tony Trischka and Bill Evans, as well as jazz musician's Bill Frisell and Dave Douglas. Teaching and touring across the continent, Jayme plays with the roots/jazz band Tricycle and the JAYME STONE Quartet.